This is one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes….it may change your life. We make it Saturday or Sunday mornings, but when we make it we double batch it for leftovers during the week. Try it out and let me know how you like it?
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 Italian sausages, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sweet with parchment paper. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces. Place into a large bowl with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary.
- In a separate skillet, cook the sausages until browned. Add the cooked onions and sausages to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out the sweet potato mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned. Either refrigerate overnight at this point or proceed to the next step.
- Place the sweet potato hash into a cast iron skillet and make three small wells to crack the eggs into. Crack eggs into the skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 425 degrees F until the eggs are set.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs.