When did you start with Cumming Strength and Fitness?
- October 2019
Least Favorite Workout?
- Definitely Karen. My wife, Karen, loves that!
Least favorite Movement?
Tell us a little bit about yourself (family, job, sports, military, interests, etc.).
- Karen and I have been married for 28 years with 2 adult children. Our son is a software developer, and our daughter is a police officer. I’m a financial technology solutions architect and my wife manages our website design and support business. Outside of work and family time, I enjoy restoring my 1968 F250 Ranger, serving weekly at church (First Baptist Cumming), and volunteering at Whispering Hope (local pregnancy resource center).
What were you doing before you joined CS&F?
- Basically nothing. Every few years I’d join a gym and quit 3-4 weeks later.
Favorite music to workout to?
- Alex’s Jesus Jams 🙂 Lecrae, Tedashi, KB, etc are my daily playlist.
Favorite Cheat meal?
- Ice cream. That’s a meal, right?
What were your goals when joining CS&F and have you achieved them?
- My goal was to be healthy and do a pull-up. When I joined CS&F, I was 51 years old weighing 250 lbs. Almost 2 years later I’ve lost 35 lbs to date and no long need medicine to control type II diabetes. My last blood test is the first time in 10 years with ‘normal’ results! Still working on that pull up.
Do you have any other special memories/ achievements during your time here?
- The CS&F coaches and members are great. That’s what makes it easy to show up.
What advice would you give to a newbie just joining Cumming Strength and Fitness?
- Be consistent. Commit to a schedule. And don’t look at the workout the night before!